Thursday, April 22, 2010

deerhunter 2010



i just found this video of colin and i at one of the checkpoints for the not quite valentines day race that we WON in february. it was my first alley cat and i had the time of my life! colin won a brand new traitor frame set (below) which was great because he had just found a crack in his bianchi and we both walked away with armloads of schwag.

while most teams started to head south we decided to ride north over queen anne hill, through fremont and up to wallingford, then back down through eastlake and up capitol hill. we finished our loop with various downtown locations and our last stop was at myrtle edwards where we took measures into our own hands when the person who was supposed to take our picture had already left. we made it to the final destination with just minutes to spare, only missing two or three spots on the manifest.

to my surprise the race was not over yet and we had to compete against each other in goldsprints. this was another first for me and i was worried because our combined time would be added to the total of our manifest. even after all of the exhaustion of the day and the lingering feeling of fungus we managed to pull through and take it all in the end. woohoo! i most certainly could not have done it without the support of my excellent teammate.

a few beers and a few hours later my name was called for goldsprints again. why!? confused and tired i apparently had one of the two fastest times for the ladies and so i hopped up there and automatically put my head down while colin screamed in my face and i pedaled my heart out. my legs felt like noodles but i somehow managed to beat the other girl by a couple hundredths of a second. i walked away with a crankset for that one. yee!

the curry dragon

No comments: